newbie cuke question

Hi Everyone, This is my first year planting a vegetable garden. I have two cucumber plants that are comimng along. I've built a tent of bamboo poles over each plant. My question is: do I have to tie the cucumbers to the poles or will they begin climbing the poles on their own? I've sort of guided the plants to rest against one of the legs and one tendril is wrapping itself around. Is this enough?

TIA, cuke newbie in SEA

Reply to
tmo

"This is my first year planting a vegetable garden. I have two cucumber plants that are comimng along. I've built a tent of bamboo poles over each plant. My question is: do I have to tie the cucumbers to the poles or will they begin climbing the poles on their own? I've sort of guided the plants to rest against one of the legs and one tendril is wrapping itself around. Is this enough?"

Cucumber vines are most fragile so I wouldn/t be trying to tie them.

Guide the vines toward the poles and let the tendrils do the rest.

Reply to
ToweringQs