New Strawberries

We've purchased a couple bags of 10 strawberry plants. We left the bags outside, and something came around looking for an easy treat. The plants seem to be in good condition, but I'm not ready to plant yet. (It's too wet to get in to the garden.)

What do I need to do to keep the plants in good condition until I'm ready to plant? The bag they were in was ripped, so whatever it was doing it cannot do any more.

Haven't read this group in a while,

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Put them in the fridge to keep them in a semi-dormant state until ready to plant.

The nursery where I got mine keeps them in a fridge and recommended this.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Wrap the roots losely in damp (not really wet) newspaper and wrap the paper in a pastic bag or plastic wrap. Leave the leaf buds exposed (not wrapped up) and put them in the refrigerator. That will hold them for a good while.

Reply to
Rick