New Salsa Verde Recipe

Put my new recipe for Salsa Verde up on my website. After six attempts, I finally hit on the secret: reduce it slightly on the stove to thicken it. Enjoy!
http://www.urbanchiles.com/cooking/030105.html
On 5 Mar 2005 12:01:43 -0800, "urbanChiles"

Stop spamming, you mewling pissant.
You web site sucks. You suck. Your peppers probably even suck.
Penelope
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, Penelope, I know how busy you are. Always a treat to get your upbeat and constructive feedback, it means a lot to me.

Judging from the responses, I've decided that Penelope is a bot, and I've quit listening and turned on my ignorebot. I could be wrong; it's no longer noteworthy when I am.
Well, the site does suck... Nothing personal.
John!
Gary Woods wrote:

I agree, it sucks, and that recipe? I've never had a salsa that didn't have onions, but then again I've never had every salsa made. Please stop hawking that god-awful site here. Maybe you should post your recipes on rec.food.recipes. Another little piece of advice is to be literate when you post. That spell-check feature can sure help. << Transfer to blender along with pealed Anaheim chilies and the cilantro. Puree the mixture >> Pealed?
Merriam-Webster defines "peal" as;
<<One entry found for peal.
Main Entry: 2peal Function: verb intransitive senses : to give out peals transitive senses : to utter or give forth loudly >>
possibly you could "give out peals" or "utter or give forth loudly" as you peel.

I re-read the recipe and it did in fact have onions, so my apologies on that....but I stand by the rest of my post....

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 18:13:27 -0600, "Thomas"

Heh...Paging Mr. Murphy, paging Mr. Murphy....
Penelope, or it the 5th Law of Posting to Usenet?
On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 18:43:48 -0500, GA Pinhead
You know, I love peppers. I love the whole process of growing them, from pressing the seeds into the soil right up through harvesting and enjoying them. I like reading about them, and tracking down new or different varieties. I'm growing more than 30 different varieties this year. Some of those are from seed, and some I'm buying the plants.
So, I perked right up when I saw someone posting with chili in their name. This guy's not a chili lover, though. His site is full of ads he gets paid for when someone clicks on them. He's a spammer, plain and simple; and all his posts to this group are to lure you to his web site so you can fill his wallet by clicking on the ads. Sadly I've seen more and more of this, everything from this maladroit boob to very cleverly done blogs. I pursued a complaint against one woman, found out she'd been posting to *97* different gardening email lists. She was good, too. Her web site was blog style, and she had links in the text that appeared to be links to pictures or more information; but they were all links to commercial sites.
Yuck, I hate spammers worse than I hate <spit!> thrips!
Penelope the 'bot.

Don't some people create a site, then hope that visitors will click on the banner ads so that their site will make a buck? That might be Scott's true aim.
Well, if his marketing plan includes namecalling, he should do well, at least at that.
He has ads "just to cover his hosting expenses". Altruism at its peak.
John!
Ken Anderson wrote:

il Sun, 6 Mar 2005 11:56:31 -0500, "Ken Anderson" ha scritto:

Well I'm sorry, but what part of a banner ad forces anyone to click on it? Have i missed some form of mind control - oh wait - that's rabid consumerism isn't it. I missed that bus...
I surf with graphics off so often, that my browser has forgotten what they are ... ;-)
--
Cheers,

That's kinda beside the point. This guy hasn't added anything to the newsgroup; no suggestions, no stories, no advice, nothing. The only thing he has posted besides links to his web site are his silly attempts to chastise me. And he posted the same thing on several of the rec. newsgroups. He's spamming to lure people to his site so he can make money off of it.
He's a spammer, he should suffer.
Penelope
On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:18:20 GMT, Gary Woods

Must be a Pinetree Gardens fan.
Penelope the 'bot
On 5 Mar 2005 15:11:43 -0800, "urbanChiles"

Die, spammer, die.
Penelope
Ya know, Penelope, you've come at me with both barrels today, and I've tried to be polite but I'm not really sure what set you off. So I looked around at your other posts on USENET to try to figure out if I should take it personally or not. Clearly I shouldn't.
I see you post on soc.singles.moderated A LOT. So I'm thinking to myself: why is such a sweet and demure woman single? Then it hit me. You're probably not single because you're sweet and demure. You're probably single because you're such a hateful, spiteful bitch. Now it all makes sense...
Tell you what: let's just avoid each other around here, okay? Clearly your only interest is spewing snarky, hateful bile, and me... well... after reading many of your posts I'm quite sure I'm not interested in a damn thing you have to say, you hateful hag. So ignore me in the future and I can assure you that you can expect the same from me.
A little defensive here? The thing about being defensive, it shows you are wrong. Take the critique and make it not suck. And yes, you are spamming.
John!
urbanChiles wrote:

On 5 Mar 2005 18:48:57 -0800, "urbanChiles"
No, I haven't. If you consider this "both barrels" I suggest you take great caution not to really irk me.

Yes! I do. I love those people. Why don't you post your spam over there? They'll love it! Just ask Singles Reflection Guy.

it, that is to say, not at all.
So, Scott, did you and Donald have a big 'old time last night?

No. You're a spammer. You should be flamed and harassed endlessly.

<nodding solemnly> I am a Big Meaniehead.

Penelope, haggish meaniehead 'bot.