New Compost Tea Recipe/Trial

Went to BiggerTown yesterday and had to stop at Lowe's for some plumbing stuff and picked up a big bag of bone meal and a bag of Espoma Bio-Tone, which contains fifteen strains of bacterium, eight species of ectomycorrhizal fungi and two species of endomycorrhizal fungi.
Started another batch of compost tea and thinks to myself that a big handful of the Bio-tone might be a good idea to add.
After twelve hours it sure smells earthy.
I'll try and leave some control plants, to see how this works.
Charlie
On Wed, 27 May 2009 21:14:16 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Keep us posted, Charlie. We all have a Lowe's near us in the U.S..

I shall. Does easynews carry alt.binaries.pictures.gardens?
Charlie, winamping Mark Knopfler, "Don't Crash the Ambulance-- from Shangri-La"

Haven't started any teas yet. So far, I'm just broadcasting manure and compost on the garden. I'm about 80% completed (I hope) with the planting.
Sunday, we plan to make a romantic run to the coast (40 min. away) for lunch, sea weed scavenging, and stop for an aperitif, as we drive back along the Russian River from Jenner.
--

- Billy

Sounds nice.
Lunch and drinks at Alexander's ?
Charlie

Oooooo, wave to Cazadero on your way by. We used to have a place there. Excellent climate for growing mold.
In article

And mildew. Don't forget the mildew. 90 inches of rain a year and little sunlight. Great if you like hunting wild pigs. I don't. Yeah, Ill wave at Austin Creek Road.
--

- Billy
On Wed, 27 May 2009 23:37:16 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Yup.
"Charlie" wrote in message wrote:

The Lowe's by me doesn't carry Espoma Bio-Tone. They have some organic products but they're very expensive. Almost $6 for small bags of blood meal, bone meal etc.

On Wed, 27 May 2009 23:37:16 -0500, Charlie wrote:

So, here I am twisting in the wind wondering why you asked that. I'm either a little slow on the uptake, or you have a vicious side you are just now revealing. ;-) Or both. Or neither. But here I am wondering...

Well now, this adds a new dimension to our little online diversions, does it not? It was such a simple question.....
The *only* reason I asked this question of you was, if there are any obvious results in plant growth and yield, between the treated plants and the control plant, I would post visuals for you.
Sheesh......
Or maybe not......heh heh heh.....
Bien dormir.... ;-) Charlie

Dors bien . . . ;O) - Persnickety Billy
--

- Billy
On Fri, 29 May 2009 23:33:43 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Don't start with that. ;-)

Cool, I look forward to it.

Hehehe