Needle Grass ID

One of my pastures is being taken over by a type of grass that grows in clu mps about a foot across. The grass looks like a thin knitting needle, about two feet high with a pointed tip. There are frequently small seeds or some thing growing near the top of the stem. The sheep won't eat it so I have to go out and mow it down to keep it from taking over. I've googled around bu t can't identify it; does anyone know what it is?

We live in Maryland, north of Baltimore and about three miles inland from Chesapeake Bay. I think I used to see similar grass when I lived in Ohio, b ut I can't be sure, it was a long time ago.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

The grass looks like a thin knitting needle, about two feet high with a pointed tip.

There are frequently small seeds or something growing near the top of the stem. The sheep won't eat it so I have to go out and mow it down to keep it from taking over. I've googled around but can't identify it; does anyone know what it is?

Post a picture. Mentioned problem with Japanese stilt grass which deer will not eat and probably sheep but that does not sound like it.

Reply to
Frank

I tried to post a link to a picture several times but it didn't work. I think that what I have is sedge grass.

Reply to
Pavel314