Need to grow your own manure?

Page 2 of 2

Dunno about NZ - Pete Heubner would probably know something about that given that he migrated to NZ from Europe.
As for Oz, the only things I know are either anecdotal or what I read in the paper. In some ways we're like the US in that we have 'guest workers' from poorer countries but at the top end of the scale (either in terms of unique skills or large fortunes) we will take people. I'm guessing you might be in the middle of these two ends. Here's the place to start: http://www.immi.gov.au /
Anecdotal info is from two friends who have moved here - one a Canadian of 40 with a teenaged son and the other is a British woman who is retired and I guess could be described as being of "independent means".
The Canadian woman has enough money to put down a hefty deposit on a house but will need to work till retirement. She is having some problems but it looks like she'll be able to stay.
The British woman is here permanently as I think this might be because she will never be living off the government - ie she won't be asking for an Old Age Pension.
One thing that I know cold cause a problem for Oz immigration and probably NZ as well would be Boo's Autism. All migrants are subject to health checks and the possibility that children of the primary migrants may end up needing health care some time in the future after the parents shuffle off their mortal coil seems to be a problem.
enigma wrote:

Dunno about EnZed. In Oz you are in if you bring either lots of $$$ or a vocational skill in demand. You are out if you are in poor health (we have approximately universal health care) or otherwise likely to be a drag on the public purse. Unless you are a refugee: do you come from a war zone or are you about to be garroted by a masked squad in the night?
As for 700 hectares it's available in many places. You can get it for a reasonable price if you don't mind that it is mostly bush or the rainfall is rather low or a long way from anywhere, or all of the above. If you want good soil and water you will pay big bickies. If you want good soil and water near civilisation you will pay very big bickies.
David

Not so much recently. We have a young smiley face on fascism now, and a new PR team, but things could change.
Used to be Oz was deferential to teachers on immigration. Is that still true?
Lee, you must have seen http://www.realestate.co.nz/rural/search?min_land_area_sq_m 00000&min_p rice=0&max_price000000 Hmmmmm, hmmm, hmm :o))
--

- Billy

t.au:

no, i hadn't! thanks! :) lee
Billy wrote:

These things go in cycles, sometimes it's teachers, sometimes, doctors, it could be plumbers this month, whatever the Powers forgot to train 5 years ago.
David
wrote in message

You don't need to wonder, we will still lead. ~25-28% is hardly all. Beside what are they going to do, repossess us? Its not like we sold out our mining companies to em.

You see gunner, this is what worries me. You don't have a freakin' idea as to what is going on.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/28/business/worldbusiness/28mine.html Australia Blocks Chinas Purchase of Mining Company
And most of our $4TRILLION debt was racked up under President Monkey Smirk, in order to give us guns and butter, in the short term, while he pushed his "vanity wars".
--

- Billy

Still asleep at the wheel Billy? as in most of your posts, you invariably fail to read through your "cites" as well as skip over a lot of facts. Finish readin the entire news article you posted before you stupidly pop off again.
Where you went to school is ~25 % considered all ?
President Monkey Smirk? As always what has that diversionary BS have to do with your misunderstanding of facts.
$4 trillion? you are sooo underestimating, try closer to $11 T. there slick
You have the right to to use facts, Billy, you do not have the right to make them up! her are some crib notes for ya, but remember to verify them they are Jan 2009, at least their not in your old time zone of 1909. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt
People's Republic of China 739.6 24.07% Japan 634.8 20.66% Oil exporters 186.3 6.06% Caribbean banking centers 176.6 5.75% Brazil 133.5 4.35% United Kingdom 124.2 4.04% Russia 119.6 3.89% Luxembourg 87.2 2.84%

So you agree that Australia isn't selling it's mining interests to the Chinese. Glad you came to your senses. Not that it is the Chinese's fault that everybody and his mother's brother has picked China to be the manufacturer to the world. If we want them to make stuff cheaply that we can buy at Wally World (Walmart), then they need raw materials. That should be obvious even to a blundering blockhead like you.

I'm sorry, were these the ones on pesticides?

Now you are referring to FarmI's fair characterization of US debt.

Pictures are worth a thousand words. See Monkey Smirk. http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u

Gunneria, don't call me slick. You're right. I shouldn't have used the numbers that YOU provided.

It's interesting to note how under the former party of fiscal responsibility (GOP) US debt has skyrocketed since Raygun, with only a brief correction during the Clinton years, and then it was back to "borrow and spend" as usual, transferring the wealth to the rich.
Wonder what we could do with the savings from canceling the privatization of government functions (which in private hands need a profit) and only spending a quarter of the world investment in weapons, instead of the 50% that we do now.
Otherwise:
US Military Budget http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_of_the_United_States
US Public Debt http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt
Wealth in the United States http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_in_the_United_States
US Household income http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States
Ex-Asst. Treasury Sec. Paul Craig Roberts on Wall St. Bailout: "Has Deregulation Sired Fascism?" http://www.democracynow.org /
The New Kleptocracy http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article21041.htm
You do bring a lot of manure to the group, Gunneria, but it isn't in a useful form.
I think you would be happier over in tx.guns.
In any event, this is a gardening group, so piss off. We're done here.
--

- Billy

Billy, ya gotta practice that innocent victim part a bit more. It doesn't appear very plausible, especially for a politician such as yourself. I do have to ask, what is up with you always trying covering your tracks after your many faux pas with these extraneous BS links, do you honestly think that it works well for ya? It is pretty obvious you just google search and it really doesn't make you appear any smarter. But hey look at the good side, you were only off by $7 trillion.