Need help with storing too many red chile peppers

Our supply of ground chimayo chile (from a woman in Chimayo, NM) is finally almost gone so this year instead of planting anaheims I set plants started from twelve year old chimayo seeds. Thinking they might not do too well because of their age I used almost my entire garden. Wrong. Now I have seven and a half 4 foot ristras drying and I don't know how to save them. Whole? Ground? Freezer or the basement? We've always bought ground chile or, when using whole dried pods, we would briefly sear the pods in a hot iron pan. Can't do that with seven ristras worth. I need help.

thx,

sa

Reply to
semi-ambivalent

I'm not a chile growing guy but I have dried green peepers and froze some too. The air drying was by dehydrator.

This site may be of interest.

Bill who putters

Freezings works well so does pickling and making sambol. You already know about drying.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

such good luck for such a great pepper.

NM chile Institute is always a good place to start for Info.

Gunner