Need help with storing too many red chile peppers

Our supply of ground chimayo chile (from a woman in Chimayo, NM) is finally almost gone so this year instead of planting anaheims I set plants started from twelve year old chimayo seeds. Thinking they might not do too well because of their age I used almost my entire garden. Wrong. Now I have seven and a half 4 foot ristras drying and I don't know how to save them. Whole? Ground? Freezer or the basement? We've always bought ground chile or, when using whole dried pods, we would briefly sear the pods in a hot iron pan. Can't do that with seven ristras worth. I need help.
thx,
sa
In article

I'm not a chile growing guy but I have dried green peepers and froze some too. The air drying was by dehydrator.
This site may be of interest.
http://www.chillies-down-under.com/preserving-chillies.html
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0JfdP36kI

semi-ambivalent wrote:

Freezings works well so does pickling and making sambol. You already know about drying.
David

such good luck for such a great pepper.
NM chile Institute is always a good place to start for Info.
http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/chile_information.php