Need help in knowing when to harvest eggplant

I have quite a few eggplants and I don't know how to determine when I should harvest them. Firm yanking isn't releasing them. Do you go by color, shine or what?
Thanks! June
Shine works best for me. Of course you can pick eggplant ( cut the stem) at any stage of immaturity, But when the skin starts to dull It is getting too mature and the quality falls off rapidly.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunkm (ShantiP1) wrote:

I like to harvest mine when they are about 1/2 grown, 1/2 the size of the big ones in the grocery store. I find that they are sweeter and less harsh.
Just cut the stem with a pair of scissors. ;-) You notice that the ones in the grocery store have the stems on them?
Hope this helps?
K.
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Thanks for the tips. I think it's time to harvest! :-)
Warm regards, June