Need help IDing a tuber

Folks, I couldn't find a more appropriate newsgroup, so I'm hoping someone here can help me with an ID. There are 2 unrelated pics on my site, the second is of the mystery tuber. At least I think it's a tuber! (And I'm not so sure it should be sprouting at this time of the year.) Thank you much! http://users.adelphia.net/~aken75 / Ken Anderson
Ken, that looks an awful lot like an Amaryllis bulb. If it has been dormant for a while, it will want to grow no matter what time of year it is. Pot it up and grow it indoors (unless you live where it never freezes).
Steve PS Pretty wild nail color for a guy named Ken. :-)
Ken Anderson wrote:

Yep, it looks like an amaryllis to me too. Be sure to fertilize it well. They also like a little bonemeal.