Need help IDing a tuber

Folks, I couldn't find a more appropriate newsgroup, so I'm hoping someone here can help me with an ID. There are 2 unrelated pics on my site, the second is of the mystery tuber. At least I think it's a tuber! (And I'm not so sure it should be sprouting at this time of the year.) Thank you much!

Anderson

Reply to
Ken Anderson

Ken, that looks an awful lot like an Amaryllis bulb. If it has been dormant for a while, it will want to grow no matter what time of year it is. Pot it up and grow it indoors (unless you live where it never freezes).

Steve PS Pretty wild nail color for a guy named Ken. :-)

Ken Anders> Folks, I couldn't find a more appropriate newsgroup, so I'm hoping someone

Reply to
Steve

Yep, it looks like an amaryllis to me too. Be sure to fertilize it well. They also like a little bonemeal.

Reply to
Phaedrine Stonebridge