need fresh sweet pickles recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for sweet fresh vegetable pickles which can last for about a week? I do not want to go through the canning scenario.
Thanks ahead.
/z.
These are very good: Got the recipe from my neighbor. They can also be made with zucchini, tastes good! Sweet Pickles
7c cukes, unpeeled, sliced thinly Spread the cukes on acookie sheet or in a olarge cake pan. PSrinkle with salt. Stir around and over with ahnds, sprinkle with salt again. Lover witha clean dishtowel. Wait one hour. Repeat. Wait one more hour. Repeat. Total 3 hours. Rinse WELL with water in a colander this will wilt them
also slice greem pepper , onio, red pepper,
1 c white vinegar 1 1/2 c sugar (I use 1 cup) 1 tsp salt 1 tsp celery seed boile these together. let cool You may need to make t2o batches of this, depending on how many cukes y9u have pour liquid over cukes, onions and peppers, cover and refigerate overnight. Go to the frig and give them a shake now and then. Good made with armenian cukes as well. My friend slike them as gifts. excuse the typing roz az usa