NadR

Are you around NadR? I don't recall seeing any posts from you since before we went to Sth America.

Reply to
FarmI

I was wondering if one person would miss me :)

It was about ten years ago that I made my first post here. This is my last post here or anywhere else on usenet.

Last month was my first year as a retired person. That anniversary date was a good time to reflect on what I was doing with my life and where I wanted to go next.

Fifteen years ago I moved from the city to the country and never regretted the move. I feel I have a very good system down for gardening and maintaining my home, yard and taking care of my animals. Since joining the Master Gardeners program three years ago, I have found my local MG program has been my resource for new and exchanging information on gardening.

I have always had a strong desire to keep learning new things. Chess clubs, Amateur Radio, Ball Room Dancing, Gardening, Cooking and trying my hand at the first stock market by buying a couple dairy cows. Now it is time to feed my first joys, math and physics.

I purchased some new toys: a digital oscilloscope, digital counter, auto-variable transformer, low powered lasers, protoboards and a few extra toys. Thirty years ago during my university days I had ideas, but never had the time to see if the ideas pan out. Now I have the time to see how the world works and create my own small scale scientific experiments. I have to scratch that itch and see if I can create something new. Success is extremely low and my mind is not as sharp as it once was, but I have to try.

So what gives is time. I use to spend a lot of time here and on other newsgroups. In the beginning I have learned allot about gardening and not just about gardening here, but also the philosophical views of gardening.

Like a kid in a candy store, I am off to try something new. So this is my last post. Thanks to everyone for the fun times.

Enjoy Life FarmI... and to others here :)

Nad R

Reply to
Nad R

Well I did miss you, hence my question - and now you give me the sad news :-((.

:-((( One less interesting person to read - usenet posters seem to be heading off into the a puff of ether all too frequently.

Well now I'd like to know what the Master Gardeners Program is but I guess you arent' going to tell me???? Peraps someone else will.

They are two 'joys' that sem to have passed me by and which I have never been able to get on with. I keep saying that I'm inumerate, but that's nto quite true, as my daily maths used to calculate change from purchases and do to quick sums works well. anything else is beyond me.

I have no idea what any of those things are but I hope you gain great joy, satisfaction and pleasure from the owning and using of them.

Thirty years ago during my university days I had ideas, but

:-)) Having now been 'retired' for some years, you will become increasingly short of time so I can understand your desire to use it while yu can still find some. I can never now understand how I ever foudn time top go out to paid employment as I'm just so darned busy all the time.

And the same to you NadR. I shall miss you and I hope that you will reconcider and sometimes pop in to post. All the best.

Fran

Reply to
FarmI

Here is information on the Master Gardener program.

The Cook

yeah, i was looking forwards to more moomoo stories and cheese making stories.

but, as it goes, it does take time to sit and write. i'd rather write and read than watch the tube so here i am until i'm unplugged.

hopefully new people will keep showing up.

it's a class of so many hours, you pay a fee and get materials and then have to volunteer so many hours for community service.

yep, many people can do sums and such, but when it comes to formulas and some of the abstractions they can't quite make the jump. i know a few people who can't quite grasp even simple algebra, but if i sit down with them long enough sooner or later i can find a metaphor that will give them a glimpse.

sounds like a riot to me. :) kid in a candy store...

same here, people always ask me if i'm ever bored, but i know that feeling and it's really the one that says it's time to take a nap.

bye Nad, enjoy the toys. remember don't point the lasers at the eyes to see if they're working and don't test for current with your tongue.

songbird

Reply to
songbird