Mushroom identification

Do any of you have a favorite book title that you refer to for mushroom identification? I know it's pretty important to know which ones are edible, etc.
Also, I have an interest in maybe growing a few of my own. . .Like Portabellas, Shitakes, etc. Anyone have any experience in that. Do you know how difficult it may be?
Myrl Jeffcoat http://www.myrljeffcoat.com
myrl snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

for growing your own, www.fungi.com. Start with the easiest type of mushrooms (shiitake on logs, or stropharia on chips) and work your way up. Wild mushrooms: go to Borders, they have three different field guides. peterson is always good quality.