Much ado about mache

Any mache fans out there? Isn't it the most amazing little salad green you know? Mine laughed off last night's hard frost like it was a mere cool breeze. We've posted a page on our site for those of you who want to know more about this little gem:

rdoiron

uncovered, and provided greens by late april. The temperature went below 0F (-19C) every week for nine weeks. I keep it in a permanent plot which is too shady in the summer, it grows mostly in early spring and fall, and it reseeds itself prodigiously in May. Too bad it bolts in no time, but it gives you something to chew on until the first spring lettuce is ready. I only have to weed that plot to get mache out of it year after year.

Reply to
simy1