motion-detecting owl?

Hi folks;
I was wondering if anyone could comment on the effectiveness of motion-detecting owls, such as this:
http://tinyurl.com/875mu
Cheaper than the motion-detecting sprinklers, and no water supply required. My guess is that animals eventually get used to the owl ....
- thanks Dave
You are on the right track. This kind of owl should work, HOWEVER, they will still have to be moved frequently to different locations. Birds will adapt to the owl if left in the same place.
Good luck

I have a great horned owl, a pair of some sort of big brown owl, barn owls, and several small brown owls living at my place or in the immediate neighbourhood. They don't seem to deter birds, gophers, or rabbits one bit, despite that they eat plenty of 'em (one of my trees always has a pile of "owl barf" under it, full of rodent skulls). They DO eat the barn cats faster than I can grow 'em :(
~REZ~