Most Excellant Garden Day....On Topic

Hmmm...this triggered a thought! I wonder what would be the results and would there be benefits, to inoculating a new compost pile with aerobic compost tea? Compost tea is on my list to use this year, after learning of it last year, thanks to cat daddy.
Would this hasten the process? Would it significantly boost the level of bacterial and fungal microbes? Would the addition of dried molasses to the pile be beneficial? Seems to me that regardless of anticipated benefits, it couldn't be a "bad thing". That is often one of my criteria for gardening experiments....as long as it does no harm, what is the harm. ;-)
I'm going to start a new thread on this.
Thanks.
Care Charlie

Sugar in any form will feed the critters and inspire them to greater productivity. Microbes do well with the carrot form of management method. Sadly, larger organisms seem to accept the stick form of management.
--

Billy

The Murder of Rachel Corrie
Charlie wrote:

You are lucky. My junk begins in the first 2 inches. If it weren't so wet & soft right now, I'd need a pick. As it is, the tiller will buck up the rocks pretty well.
David