Mortgage Lifter

Page 3 of 3

Will that please you?
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and

There is enough BS here to keep a large farm well-fertilized. If you want to preach, go for it. I am not particularly tolerant of lectures or finger wagging about the One True Path.
Boron
Boron Elgar wrote: ...

all gardens are well done in BS. as soon as the poop stops and nobody is about to care for them then they'll revert to the local flora in time.
at the moment, most of usenet is like this with the few odd holdouts marking the space, like the odd apple tree at the margins of a lot that has long since grown over and shows no signs of the previous homestead.
songbird

Please indicate where you find the bull shit in my posts to you, so that I may avoid similar gaffs in the future. It must be irritating to have new gardeners making suggestions to you, but that is the price you pay for posting to a mixed group of UseNet posters.
It does seem odd though, that someone who has "been growing tomatoes for over a quarter of a century and have the methodology down pat", wouldn't have tried to identify a tomato in their garden that "has produced fruit that is everything that exemplifies a home grown tomato with indescribably delicious complexity of taste", while they still had fruit. Ate all of them, did ya?
But as you know with your quarter of a century of experience, because it is an heirloom tomato, it will reproduce to type when you plant the seeds next year. It doesn't really matter what it's called, does it, because you have the seeds to re-grow it and enjoy it, again, and again, because it is an self-pollinating (heirloom) tomato. Then, if you wish to identify your mystery tomato, you can take it to someone who can identify it (nursery, ag. extention, ect). Thank heavens that a person like you with a quarter of a century of growing tomatoes behind them knew to save the seeds for this tomato with "indescribably delicious complexity of taste".
You did save the seeds , didn't you?
That's my kind of fun ;O)
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and
What you describe doesn't sound like a mortgage lifter to me.
By "pretty", do you mean round, uniform and really red, like a grocery store tomato?
My ML are huge, non-uniform in both shape and color, prone to cracking, and generally just ugly. Definitely not pretty, but very meaty and tasty, with few seeds and not very much juice.
We've been eating on a red one for the past couple of days. I put a slice on a turkey sandwich and the slice overlapped a normal slice of white bread by a couple of inches on every side. Not even enough juice to make the bread soggy. If I were guessing, it likely weighed at least a pound and a half.
Are you sure they are true ML?
tom
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:28:35 -0400, Boron Elgar