Monsanto's Gestapo Tactics in Rural Areas

Page 1 of 2
Billy, Charlie, Everyone --
Go read this:
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/05/monsanto200805
Jan
All farmers need to ban together and never buy anything from them. Some one needs to pass a law that if you are falsely accused you get 1000 times your legal fees. Then tere would be plenty of big firms to help.

It's way too late for a boycott, and besides, you could not organize such a thing. I remember when, back in the seventies (sixties?), the NFO tried to organize and all hell broke loose and nothing was accomplished, other than shots being fired.
Farmers are an independant lot and you will not get organization of this sort. We are no longer talking about small family farmers. Think corporate farms, think subsidies, think profit only.
Many family farmers could not afford a boycott, many don't have a friggin' clue, and many simply do not care about the consequences as long as the bottom line is most important.
Think Farm Bill and subsidies. Think Cargill, ADM, Monsatano. Think any bills will get introduced, let alone passed with these criminals helping run this country, and the world?
We would be better off to follow the advice of one of the founding fathers.
Care Charlie
On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 22:20:23 -0500, Charlie wrote:

perhaps these?
"Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"
On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:37:09 GMT, jellybean stonerfish

That's one for sure.
Another from Mister Jefferson comes to mind also, something about a last resort and protecting themselves against tyranny. ;-) No need to draw too much attention from the alphabet soup guys.....
Charlie

Someone. Who? Big corps own Congress and the Senate. The delegation system used as part of voting is the thing of the past. A slap in the face for the typical voter of today. Yet, the lemmings of today are typically ignorant of this. And, if they are aware, don't care.
--
Dave

Dioclese wrote:

And this is why more and more restrictions get placed on tobacco companies and automobile manufacturers and the like? Because they _love_ being regulated?

--John

Well, sorta. Laws get passed, the corps "find" legal loopholes for the laws they permitted Congress to pass. Too much limelight for tobacco and automobiles. But, they are still dragging their feet regarding gas mileage requirements. Early Honda Civics (underpowered I admit) were getting real 50 mpg highway.
--
Dave

Dioclese wrote:

Why did they permit the laws to be passed at all if they own the Congress (by the way, the Senate is part of Congress).

So how does being widely publicized change anything?

That was without all the safety crap that according to your hypothesis the automobile manufacturers decided to enact laws to force themselves to install. The best any Civic ever did was 52 EPA MPG highway. And I really don't want to try to get on that highway when there's significant truck traffic in anything with such poor acceleration.
--John

Specifically, I would like to know exactly what Monsanto's patents are. If its genetically engineered, how is that a patent? How can one patent a lifeform, good or bad for the humankind? The link kind of said it, profit is the goal. If the law allows it, they go for it. Lock in their patents, and attack those who don't adhere. Mother nature, here in S. TX ain't adhering either. Sprayed half the dilution recommended roundup on a roadbase driveway in full sun, the native foliage returned in less that 2 months. Also tried, at the same time in different area of same driveway, recommended dilution similar results. This, despite TX summer heat. Worse yet, for Monsanto, all is green in the same treated driveway this spring despite the severe drought.
The solution for these locked-in farmers is simple, get seed from a different source. Grow seed bearing crop intentionally for their own use. Stop using roundup.
--
Dave

How about a tax to support any military conflict/police action over 3 months
Dioclese wrote:

It's not that it's genetically engineered, it's that it's resistant to Roundup or produces BT toxin or whatever.

By going down to the patent office and filing a form.

Same plants or new ones from seed? Ordinary Roundup doesn't kill seed in the soil and it doesn't kill roots. They have formulations that will control weeds for up to 4 months and that will kill the root, but those features aren't in the "normal" formulation. Try the one that kills roots and the one that is good for 4 months and if those don't work, _then_ complain.

What makes you think that Roundup is supposed to prevent this? It doesn't permantly render soil infertile you know. Seems to me that you didn't bother to read the label on the product to find out what it is and is not supposed to do. You spray it on a weed the weed may die or may just die back to the root depending on the species and how well established it is. Anything that tries to grow in the spot the weed occupied, including another weed, will grow fine. If it rendered soil infertile, which it would have to do to prevent the driveway from being "green this spring", then it wouldn't be much use in preparing fields for planting and every time you used it on a weed in a lawn there would be a permanent hole in the location the weed had occupied.
Next time, after you use the Roundup, try planting something that will displace the weeds.

Stop making money as farmers who don't follow your suggestion undercut your prices. Farmers aren't in business for fun you know--they have bills to pay.
Somebody needs to toss some Monsanto soybeans or whatever into various legislators' flowerbeds and then sic Monsanto on 'em.
--John

Related:
http://www.seedsofdeception.com/utility/showArticle/?objectIDg8
An actual war, we can do what's been done in the past.

Would hardly classify Roundup as a true herbicide. Rather, a renewablely needed product to temporarily eradicate most foliage. Otherwise known as a racket, gimmick. But, only a Monsanto stock holder would do a reply as yours.
--
Dave

Dioclese wrote:

Since you choose to make a snotty personal attack, I'm done with you. <plonk>
By the way, wipe the foam off your mouth and try some lead foil in your hat, the tin isn't working.
--John

As I would expect from a Monsanto stockholder to reply...
--
Dave

I happen to use several of Monsanto's products to great effect, but they do tend to get carried away with their patent infringement battles. Still, they sell a product and people who intentionally steal it ought to expect legal trouble.
I do know that if ones fields are "contaminated" with Monsanto GM crops, one can charge Monsanto for their removal- at least in Canada! Small Farmer Wins Moral Victory Over Monsanto http://www.naturalnews.com/022918.html
So in time the wind will polinate all seed with this gene and Monasato will own all the seed.
I wonder if this is what is killing the bee's?

I believe it is one of several contributing factors.
The underlying cause is as old as mankind........greed.
Charlie

Well said.