Monsanto has change of heart.

<http://civileats.com/2010/04/01/april-fools/
--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
"I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful

Almost as good a fantasy as the one involving myself, Melissa Etheridge, and a tropical island. (I know, I know, but it's a _fantasy_!)

Almost as good a fantasy as the one involving myself, Becoming Emperor of Earth and having all Miss Universe Winners as my personal harem. (I know, I know, but it's a _fantasy_!)
--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

The below isn't April Fools
http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Monsanto_Company_ (MON) Anything that makes food more expensive benefits Monsanto, because it encourages genetically engineered crops. Crops become more expensive due to droughts, developing economies eating more meat, and demand for bio-fuels increasing because of high oil prices. Though Monsanto took a hit with the economic downturn, analysts say that it is primed for a come back, noting the strength of the market and the need for such seeds.</ref> [3] In addition to the effects of the economic downturn, Monsanto also faces governmental push-back abroad. Germany, France, Hungary and Austria, for example, have all banned some lines of Monsanto corn for health reasons. Monsanto sued to lift the bans and lost in all 4 instances. [4] International concerns over health harms from Genetically Modified Foods make PR important for Monsanto, which has been lambasted in Vogue Magazine and the movie Food Inc. for dangerous and even predatory business practices.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/rpd_Pusztai rpd Pusztai (8 September 1930) is a Hungarian-born protein scientist who has spent most of his career, from 1968-1998, at the Rowett Research Institute in Aberdeen, Scotland. He is considered the world's foremost expert on plant lectins, and is the author of 270 papers and three books on the subject.[1][2] In 1998 Pusztai publicly announced that the results of his research show eating genetically modified potato causes harm to rats, leading to his dismissal from the institute. The resulting controversy over his dismissal and the attempts to invalidate the conclusions of his research became known as the Pusztai affair. In 2005, he received the Whistleblower Award from the German Section of the International Association of Lawyers against Nuclear Arms (IALANA) and the Federation of German Scientists (VDW).[3][4]