Mo' Rain

So far we have received 2.65 inches of gentle rain over three days and it's still coming down.

The sweet peppers and the tomatoes are thoroughly enjoying the water. I can see the cabbage and other greens growing while I'm watching them.

We probably be eating fried green tomatoes soon with peppers on the side. Some of the tomatoes appear to be around four or five inches in diameter but a frost is due soon so they will be picked today or tomorrow.

It's funny watching the dog go out to do her business, she finds the best place on the back porch to keep out of the rain and then sticks her butt out just enough to not pee on the porch and does what needs to be done. She does not like to get wet but enjoys a warm bath, strange little dog. She's getting really gray around her face and is now nine years old. She's also the most expensive dog we've ever had, getting her knees fixed and other problems cost over $6K over the nine years but she is worth every penny of it as she loves our entire extended family. Some of our great grands call her "Aunt Tilly" and she answers to it.

Back to watching the gentle rain fall.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

Derald wrote: ...

no idea what their habit is when grown that far south, i just know i luv 'em.

i had a bunch of frozen berries put up for short-cakes, went to take them out of the freezer a few weeks ago for the first round and found out that they had been slow fermenting ever since i put them in there. edible if you like spongy semi-fermented strawberries. a few pints have been edible (likely from the year before). so the worms will get about 10 pints of fermented strawberries tomorrow.

at least we have extra freezer space now. :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird