Mixed Emotons

Black swallowtail larvae in the parsley. Just bad timing, I guess.

Reply to
Derald

Terry Coombs

What's the conflict?

They are the only reason that I plant parsley. Is it supposed to be edible?

(Have common milkweed established too, but no butterfly interest yet.)

Reply to
Drew Lawson

For some reason they tore through my fennel and left all the dill alone. No fennel "bulbs" this year, even though I set out some pretty substantial transplants. (Direct seeded fennel never gave me anything but leaves.)

Dill I never have to bother to plant anymore. (Same thing goes for shiso.)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

They don't call dill a weed for no reason. After planting just a little of the the stuff many years ago I still smell dill when I cut the grass anywhere near the garden. A neighbor wanted some seed to plant a few years back, I just smiled and said take all you want, its a plant that just keeps giving.

John

Reply to
John

It's, I, I say, it's a *joke* son. I worry 'bout that boy.

Reply to
Drew Lawson