Mixed Emotons

Black swallowtail larvae in the parsley. Just bad timing, I guess.
--
Derald
Peninsular FL, USA
Derald wrote:

Tough decision !
--
Snag

What's the conflict?
They are the only reason that I plant parsley. Is it supposed to be edible?
(Have common milkweed established too, but no butterfly interest yet.)
--
Drew Lawson
"Please understand that we are considerably less interested
Derald said:

For some reason they tore through my fennel and left all the dill alone. No fennel "bulbs" this year, even though I set out some pretty substantial transplants. (Direct seeded fennel never gave me anything but leaves.)
Dill I never have to bother to plant anymore. (Same thing goes for shiso.)
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
On 7/11/2014 9:10 AM, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

They don't call dill a weed for no reason. After planting just a little of the the stuff many years ago I still smell dill when I cut the grass anywhere near the garden. A neighbor wanted some seed to plant a few years back, I just smiled and said take all you want, its a plant that just keeps giving.
John

<Leghorn> It's, I, I say, it's a *joke* son. I worry 'bout that boy. </Leghorn>