Mini-peppers

I was at Costco and picked up a bag of red & orange mini-peppers. I've never seen these before and would like to grow some. Anyone tried them? They will be great to use when you don't need a whole big pepper, taste good by themselves, too.

Thanks Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy

Forgot to say they are sweet peppers.

Reply to
Jimmy

I have grown these that turned out about the size of a golf ball at maturity, they came in red, yellow, orange, green, purple and brown and looked great in salad. The problem is that there is a high proportion of seeds and placenta and they are tedious to trim and empty for the weight of fruit that you get. You could grow them just as an ornamental plant.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

We have grown them with GREAT success. In fact the are now even in our Aero garden and are about to blossum. I have a freezer full from last summers crop. Well worth the time to harvest seeds. MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

Thanks. These are really good peppers. How big do the plants get? Do you get a lot of peppers all the time?

We have grown them with GREAT success. In fact the are now even in our Aero garden and are about to blossum. I have a freezer full from last summers crop. Well worth the time to harvest seeds. MJ

Reply to
Jimmy

It's impossible to say if we are talking about the same cultivar but the ones I grew the plants were about 2 ft tall but sprawled and lay down a fair bit. They gave a good harvest from mid summer to late autumn but I have a long hot growing season.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I grow a small pepper called a pimento pepper. Just take the seeds and plant them like any other pepper.

Reply to
D. Arlington