Meyers Lemon

I started a thread a while back about my Meyers Lemon tree, however I am having problems posting to it now, so here is the link for reference:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gardens.edible/browse_frm/thread/a95ad6ee30b932fe/8537d4d5239cf559?hl=en#8537d4d5239cf559
My problem now is that out of the 12 small fruits that were on the tree, 11 of them prematurely turned yellow and fell off. The 12th is of normal size, but still dark green. It seems as though this fruit should have ripened by now. It has been the same size and color for the past 2 months. I am getting ready to move the plant indoors for the winter and am wondering if I should just prune the fruit before moving it indoors. Any suggestions?
No suggestions, but I share your dilemma and am hopeful for some action on this thread. I am considering re-potting my tree into a larger pot, and maybe even leaving it out over the winter in an unheated greenhouse. It's at least three years old (since I rec'd it) and so far.. one lemon, first season.. *shrug*
Your original thread motivated me to buy one from Parks. It was loaded with flowers when it arrived. Many of the flowers set fruit which promptly fell off, probably a result of improper watering. It flowered again and set five fruits of nice size. I've learned how to water it and it's doing fine.
The tree sits outside on the back steps, but it's getting near the time to bring it inside for the winter. The fruits have been green for more than two months, but from I've read, they take their gold ol' time turing yellow.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gardens.edible/browse_frm/thread/a95ad6ee30b932fe/8537d4d5239cf559?hl=en#8537d4d5239cf559
The Four Winds website has lots of good information on growing citrus.
http://www.fourwindsgrowers.com
marcella
"TQ" <ToweringQs AT adelphia.net> wrote:

My understanding is that lemons take 9 month to ripen. Keep waiting!
Thanks everyone! I also sent an email to Park Seed and got a reply saying that the lemons take up to a year to mature. TQ, good luck with your lemons! My next order from Park will be a few varieties of seed tape for the raised, multi-tier, garden that I plan on building during the off season.