Method for freezing Banana Peppers?

I've harvested what will probably be the last of my peppers. Some that I just picked are a little soft and wrinkled near the tips but I think they're OK yet. I want to freeze them. I've read that I should just wash them, cut off the stems and put them in plastic bags in the freezer. Is that all there is to it? When I cut the stems, should I cut enough that the inside of the pepper is visible or should it remain "sealed"? Thanks.

Reply to
<nowhere

I dehydrate mine. There is no loss of flavor and you won't need to freeze them.

Reply to
norman_leonski

Peppers don't need blanching like other veggies do before freezing. I just seed and dice mine, freeze them on sheets, and bag them (so I can pour out a few as needed) or chop them up seeds and all and freeze them in a small-cube ice tray for cubes to add to chili. The heat is in the centers, so the seeded ones are milder than the seeds-in ones.

Kathy

Reply to
Kathy