'Maters looking up

A few days of sunshine , after an application of fish emulsion and some epsom salts (one tbsp spread around under each) seems to have perked up my ailing tomatoes . I'm seeing new growth and fewer diseased leavess the last few days . I'm not certain if it's true , but i read that the rain splashes the infection onto leaves aarounf the infected ones , and that's why dry sunny days help . Anybody know if tomato spotted wilt virus is a systemic or topical infection ? My research has left me wondering about that , nobody addresses it .