Marechal Foch Grapes Ripening

I live about 20 miles northeast of Baltimore, Maryland. We had record cold and snow last winter and record heat with little rain this summer, a very abnormal year for weather in every regard.
When I was out in the vineyard this evening, I noticed that the Marechal Foch grapes were fairly along in the ripening process. I thought this was unusual for July 28, so I checked my wine log from last year and found that I harvested the Foch grapes on August 30 last year. It will probably take them another couple of weeks to ripen fully, but it still seems rather early.
Only the Foch are ripening; the Concords are still hard and green.
Any ideas of what's going on? Anyone have a similar situation in their vineyards?
Paul
In article

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100727/ARTICLES/100729523/1033/new s?Title=Grape-harvest-lagging Cool summer has vintners fretting about late harvest
--