Manually fertilize plum tree?

I have a plum tree that is in full bloom. It's fruit is vary large reddish yellow plums 3" long when ripe. Usually, it gets a dozen or two fruit on it, but one year I harvested 80 pounds of plums from it.
Here in Seattle, the spring has been cold and damp. There is no sign of any bees. I am wondering if there is some way of fertilizing the tree manually, perhaps be tapping a branch from my neighbor's small fruit plum or my italian prune trees against it's blooms. Does anyone have any knowledge about this they could assist me with?

http://tinyurl.com/6klhbr4
I think the word you want is pollination.
Have fun !
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon

Large harvests are often followed by small harvests.
Bush's 3rd term: Obama plus another war
Bush's 4th term: we can't afford it
America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash. It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks and the portfolios of the uber-rich. <http://theuptake.org/2011/03/05/michael-moore-the-big-lie-wisconsin-is-b roke/>
--
- Billy

Dept. of Defense budget: $663.8 billion
Bob F wrote:

Or lack of a suitable pollinator blooming at the same time. Until you know the cultivar of the tree and can check its pollinators you are guessing.
David
Is this plum self-fertile? If yes, then you can gently dust the flowers with a big household duster (feather or long microfiber filament types). No need to sacrifice a branch.
    Una