Mantis Tiller

I'm thinking of buying a Mantis Tiller to make gardening a little easier, has anyone got one of these? I would be very grateful for any comments good or bad, that you could pass on to me.
Thanks in anticipation.
Ruth
ruth todd wrote:

Ruth,
There was a thread a while back that discussed them. It may have even been the "2 strokes" one, I don't recall.
Some people like 'em, some don't. I personally do. I wouldn't want to do a large garden with one though. If taken care and stored (for winter if you're in that kind of area) properly they work fine and they dig like crazy. You do have to hold on to 'em though as they can try to bounce if they strike a good sized root or something. You also pull them for digging rather than go foward.
I've had mine for about 5 years and still like it. If you have more questions about one, post away. I'm sure you'll get opposing views as well. ;-)
--
Steve

I agree that they are really neat especially if you have narrow raised beds. I bought a Honda instead of the Mantis. It wasn't much more expensive. I don't like 2-strokes.