low carb winter squash

Hi All,
I came across this blog on low carb winter squash:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?tE0588
Delicata, Sweet Dumpling, Golden Nugget, and Kabocha Squash
She stated that they were 8 grams per cup, which is perfect
With an eye to both growing as well as eating them, do you guys have an words of wisdom? Please remember I have a black thumb!
Many thanks, -T

I grow golden nuggets, they're one of my favourites. Here in Australia they are regarded as a pumpkin. Nice to know they are low in carbs. Words of wisdom? They're pretty easy to grow, keep the water up to them... I think you'll be okay.
On 10/03/2016 12:16 AM, Je�us wrote:

Hi All,
Oh you know what, I am thinking I'd better back off on winter squash. The carb counts I am finding are for raw. Cooked would be half as much. And it is not worth the strain it would cause on my system. Rat! Thank you all for the tips! They are very much appreciated.
-T