Low carb, high fat cute garden plants?

Page 3 of 4
snipped-for-privacy@someplace.net.net (Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message

not to mention parsnips, chestnuts, and freshly dug potatoes.
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Agreed. I'm sure my lo-carb bud Ruth (RPM1) will probably jump in but the secret to low-carb diets is this:
When you eliminate the carbs, you're also eliminating a huge vector for high fat, high calorie junk and this may be why some people lose weight on the diet. No bread means no butter or high-fat, high-cal spreads, no Fettucini Alfredo or other cream sauces for the pasta, no butter and sour cream on the potatoes, no cake or sweets, and so forth and so on.
The basic equation still boils down to total calories consumed vs. total calories expended.
Mary
Pat Kiewicz wrote: || Ignoramus13229 said: |||
> [...]
But it likely didn't result in inoperable cancer, either.
snipped-for-privacy@someplace.net.net (Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message

actually, free-ranging cattle (organic) has substantial amounts of omega-3. and is of course leaner (and tougher). evidently stress, and grains, play a role in how a beast puts up its fat.

or how we put up our fat... diabetic humans have "marbling" in muscle, similar to gran fed cattle. It is called Intramyocellular lipids.
simy1 said:

Limited availability...and very pricey. But definitely better fat profile.

snipped-for-privacy@someplace.net.net (Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message

I don't know about that. We eat meat about twice a week, and we probably spend $20-25 for the whole family. And we don't do things really cheap: we have, besides the standard meats, lamb, buffalo, ostrich, all sorts of things. Organic meat is about 60-80% more. We definitely spend $40 or more for fruits, except in the fall when one can buy locally.
simy1 said:

We mostly stick to chicken (Amish) and fish.
Couldn't 'sell' the ostrich and buffalo to the others in this house.

Bill you're clueless. You know nothing about Low-carb diets. You just said theat every doctor in the united states advises every diabetic to use a scam of a diet. Diabetics are low-carbers. Low carbing is the control of insulin.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, <1 mile off L.I.Sound 2nd year gardener http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfrazier /

Yeah, how did they get to be diabetic in the first place?
I'm talking about "healthy" people, once the horse is out of the barn, it's too late!
I realized that some diabetes is caused by malfunctioning of the pancreas, whereas type II diabetes is caused by eating unhealthy and being fat at an early age.
Bill
Bill wrote:
| || Bill you're clueless. You know nothing about Low-carb diets. You just || said theat every doctor in the united states advises every diabetic || to use a scam of a diet. Diabetics are low-carbers. Low carbing is || the control of insulin. | | Yeah, how did they get to be diabetic in the first place? | | I'm talking about "healthy" people, once the horse is out of the | barn, it's too late! | | I realized that some diabetes is caused by malfunctioning of the | pancreas, whereas type II diabetes is caused by eating unhealthy and | being fat at an early age. | | Bill
You're embarrassing yourself with your complete lack of knowledge of the subject. You're trying to tell low-carb dieters about low carb whent hey are expeienced and you are not, and you're trying to tell diabetics about a disease that they live with and have first-hand knowledge managing. That makes you not very intelligent.
Geez, on the troll scale of 1 to 10, you're only about a "2!" (You fall into the "mildly annoying but harmlessly ignorant" category.
Try googling "Frugal." Now there's 10; Frugie knew how to troll ASDLC!
-- Peter Before/Current Pix: http://users.thelink.net/marengo/weightlosspix/weightlosspix.html

Healthy people-- you mean people who pay little attention to what they eat yet maintain a healthy weight without an ounce of trying?

Perhaps Bill thenn you can explain to doctors around the world why "Adult Onset" Diabetes (type II) is showing up in children prior to puberty in record numbers. ?Because at the age of 10 they have had a lifetime of eating unhealthy and being fat? Overweight children have always existed--I was a fat kid at 5 years old. But I still haven't officially developed diabetes at 38.
Yes, you are the official answer man.
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email) 350/268/Sep-263/200 Atkins since Jan 12, 2004 Maint. not counting (CCLLP-60)
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:50:39 -0700 in

this please?
Ig -
Check out this site for some ideas: http://www.ediblelandscaping.com /
I was thinking olive, but that might not work in zone 5.
Ignoramus2437 wrote: || I am on a low carb high fat "paleo diet". In the front yard, we have || a concrete retaining wall that is a boundary of our land. Beyond the || retaining wall, 3 feet lower, is a public sidewalk. I rented a || monster tiller recently, and tilled a 24" strip of land immediately || adjacent to the retaining wall. (did a lot of other tilling to plant || a lawn elsewhere). || || My desire is to plant some pretty, high fat, low carb, edible plants || that are not grains. || || I live in Zone 5 (N Illinois). || || One plant that I can think of is sunflowers. Maybe I will throw some || corn into it, for looks and for other members of my family, but I am || looking for other suggestions. || || Thanks! || || i

Thanks. We actually do own an olive tree, but it grows in a huge pot. We take it out for the summer and will take it inside for the winter.

I saw your earlier post talking about growing chilies - you might have to treat your chilies plants the way you treat your olive tree if you're planning to grow them. Otherwise you'll have to seed a new batch every year.
Do you have a glass house? They perform particularly well in a glass house from what I heard.
Roger Zoul wrote:

Chilies? What is that? Are you talking about chili peppers or something else? Are you perhaps confusing me with someone, or calling some of the plants that I mentioned, by different name? I am confused.

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:17:39 +0100, "Ada Ma"

You say that like it's a bad thing.

No, then I couldn't throw stones.
Penelope

so you are calling Pat a simpleton, and then you suggest olives for Zone 5? with this kind of advice, the guy will go on a starvation diet for sure.

simy1 wrote:
> [...]
Perhaps you can't read...