Little Tiny White Things

My Peppers in the Greenhouse and the Zucchini in a pot just out side the door are covered with little white specks. They don't move, are they eggs? If so eggs of what? How do I get rid of them. I just water sprayed them down and got rid of most of them but if they are eggs I sure don't want them to hatch. Any Help?
MJ

Do you have any hemlock trees nearby? If so, it could be the wooly adeljid. They appear as tiny white specks and recent storms could have dislodged them. Steve

No Hemlock. I just looked better under the leaves and I think they are Aphids. I am just used to them being on the top side of the Roses. Does this diagnosis fit with the white specks? I got the plants out of the greenhouse and sprayed them with my insectiside / fungal rose spray. Will they bother the Tomatoes? They are what I most care about. I hate to spray them and frankly they are HUGE plants and I could never spray enough to get all the leaves
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Consult google images for pictures of aphids for confirmation. You will see that they come in many colours and styles. Green, brown and black are common, I haven't seen white but that doesn't mean there is no such thing.
David

..
Google is not my friend. I spent an hour before I went and got my gardening books.
David Hare-Scott wrote: ...

yellow and orange are two other colors of aphids i've seen here. not the past few years though. the lady beetles are well established.
songbird
snipped-for-privacy@anthive.com says...

Yellow, orange, green, black, and soft fuzzy blue green when they've been attached to the roots by ants.