little red spider like creatures in my garden

Could anyone help please. I have discovered on my patio floor and doors hundreds and hundreds of tiny red spider like creatures. I'm not sure if they are with eight legs or 6 with 2 antenna. I'm not an accomplished gardener and have a hydrangea in a pot by the door that has been damaged I've looked but there doesn't seem to be any of these on the leaves or flowers, just onthe walls and windows. Can anyone help and how do I get rid of them. Thankyou

Red spider mite! Get the hence to the home store and pick up some pyretherine spray. It will kill them right away and hopefully get the infestation cleared up.
Pyrethrine cat and dog flea spray is reasonably safe for humans and pets and biodegrades fairly quickly.
It's what I use to control flies in my aviary also.
--
Peace!
Om

Awful bloody things. I don't like using chemicals in the garden, but ground elder, red lily beetle and red spider mite are things I make an exception for. Chemical doom is the only way.
A friend once told me you can drown them - if they're infesting a pot plant, you can, apparently, hold it upside-down in a bucket of water and they'll expire. I've tried it and remain unconvinced. Go with the spray.
-- www.gastronomydomine.com
No need for the chemicals. Orange oil (such as Orange TKO) diluted with water kills insects on contact, and it smells good too. Thomas

Never seen it. Where can I get it?
There is also Neem oil.......
--
Peace!
Om

www.tkoorange.com

LOL. Ever see the chemical industry analysis of orange oil? Orange oil has more polysyllabic chemical ingredients than almost any manufactured chemical compound. Orangene is a potent chemical mix that will dissolve plastic and do weird things to the nerves in your hands.
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

AKKK! No!
She would have never noticed them on the patio floor if they were spider mites. She has something bigger. Spraying them when they are not even on her plants would be foolish. They might even be predatory mites. People pay good money for those! http://woodypest.ifas.ufl.edu/mites.htm scroll down.
Steve
michelle said:

I think these might be clover mites. More nuisance than serious pest. Vacuum them up or hit them with soap spray.
http://www.uky.edu/Ag/Entomology/entfacts/struct/ef627.htm http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2095.html
Spider mites are just barely large enough to see without a magnifying glass. Clover mites are small, but certainly big enough to easily see.