Lettuces eaten

Hi to all.. I am a first time lettuce grower (growing them in pati

pots), the type im trying to grow is an all year round growing type. my problem is something keeps eating them one by one :( Is it slug and if it is should i cover my lettuces at night time. all advic needed. Than

-- cookyfemale

Reply to
cookyfemale

Slugs would be my first guess. Put out a couple of beer cups tonight and see if you get any slugs. If it is slugs, covering the lettuce probably won't do much good, in my experience the slugs live in the bottom of the pots, or even deep in the lettuce leaves.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle