Lemon Tree Space Needed?

Hi Everybody,
I am thinking of planting a lemon tree in my yard. How much individual space do they like?
There are other things out there like vegetable beds, a fence, a wall, and a few small unidentified trees. Meaning obstructions and also competition for nutrients and water.
Thanks.
--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com /
snipped-for-privacy@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG wrote:

stock. The fruit will be full-sized but the tree won't get overpoweringly large or too tall to pick the lemons. Eventually it will get to somewhere in the neighborhood of 8' tall but it'll produce fruit well before it gets there. Figure eventual size of 8' tall and a drip line circumference of maybe 10'. That'll take several years, though, if you start with, say, a 5-gallon size. -aem

Last weekend we took a stroll through Copia in Napa, CA. They had a wonderful edible garden. Nice square plots filled with different edible plants all nicely labeled. The 50 foot square beds combined fruit trees (including dwarf meyer lemon) with many other plants that were right up to the trunk. I don't know that you need so much space around a dwarf lemon.
Here's a pic. of the garden http://copia.org/content/garden_everyday
Around here many people grow them in pots...not nearly the size proposed..and they fruit fine. Here's a link to Four Winds site with helpful information on growing citrus either in the ground or in pots.
http://www.fourwindsgrowers.com/growing/containers.html
marcella

those grafted on to a dwarf rootstock are smaller, check with the supplier. Unless it will be shaded or have serious root competition you can crowd them a bit from the recommended space and it will just grow with less vigour.
David