Leaves Curling In on themselves?

I recently planted two very healthy, very vibrant Gold Cot apricot trees. The two saplings were prime specimens, good leaf color, excellent spacing on each leaf, with limb strong limbs, and a straight stem. The rootballs on both were also very healthy looking.
I planted them in where they will receive sun from 9am to approx. 2 pm every day. Watering, at first, was often to allow the plants to take to their new ground. I also spaced them ten feet from each other.
Things were going well until this morning when I looked closely at one. The new-growth leaves upon it's left side are curling with the upper 6-inches of the tree's new growth brittle and bare of any leaves.
I think the disease is verticillium dahliae and was hoping for a way of assisting the apricot through this trying time.
The Ranger
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 10:50:30 -0700, "The Ranger"

I don't remember where you are but check out the extension office in your area. http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/index.html
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
[snip apricot tree problems]

Zone 9b, I believe... Santa Clara Valley, CA.

A class would be nice, were time and money permitting, but currently neither are available in enough quantities. :)
Thank you for the site, though. I did get more information and ideas.
The Ranger
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 09:34:41 -0700, "The Ranger"

I am of the opinion that everyone in the US should know how to contact their local extension agent. They are the ones who should have the best information for your area, from what varieties work best to what in the world is killing my plant. The people here can give some general information but don't count on it being applicable to your area.
The agent for my area has been showing up at the local farmers market to answer questions. Took a sample of a very sick tomato plant in yesterday. Forget trying to make it well.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

Pull off a leaf, take it to Yamagami's Nursery on DeAnza near 85 and ask them.
Sounds like peach leaf curl to me.
Susan B.