Le Sigh

I pulled up 4 tomato plants tonight, 2 Brandywines, a Black from Tula, and a Wapsipinicon Peach Tomato.

Early Blight came very early, what with the rain and the cold.

I was really loooking forward to trying one of those Wapsipinicon Peach Tomatos, too.

I probably should have pulled up a yellow current tomato, but it has so many tomatoes starting to show color, I thought I'd try and limp it along.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Oh, it's about the blight. I thought from the header you were one of the prematurely celebrating froggies who had the smiles wiped off their faces in Singapore yesterday.

London 2012, bring it on. :-))

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

================== Did you try a preventive spraying program using chlorothalonil AKA Daconil? ===================

Reply to
ozzy.kopec

Nope, just a Pepe Le Pew fan.

Penelope, Le meow, le pant, le sigh...

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

We've had a bit of a wet summer, more days with rain than without lately. Sprays get washed off about as soon as they're sprayed on.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

You like le skunks madame? ;-)

Reply to
Steve Calvin

I like le amorous cartoon skunks.

Penelope, less le real pew that way.

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Greenhouse.......

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Ah, I could have stewed tomatoes!

I appreciate that you're trying to help, but mostly I wanted to whine some to someone who wouldn't look at me strangely when I nattered on about things like blights and Brandywines.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

I am on my way out to pick all the mature tomatoes before they split. We had 3.5" of rain yesterday.

Reply to
The Cook

Wow, that's a lot! Was it Tropical Storm Cindy?

I hate to wish bad weather on anyone, but I'm really hoping Dennis stays west of South Carolina.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Yes. I am in NC due north of Charlotte. I also hope Dennis stays west or just out of here.

Reply to
The Cook

Well according to the news right now (1:14 P.M.) it will be coming in on the border of Al. and Fla. panhandle.

Too dam close to me. I still haven't finished cleaning up after Ivan. Pan Ohco

Reply to
Pan Ohco

We have had a very dry summer and it looks like we will get some o Dennis rain here in Arkansas. I don't want to see anyone have an damage but I sure do need the rain here. I have been having to water m gardens too much

-- Maryc

Reply to
Maryc