last years onions are growing.

I'm out today and some of last years failed onion sets are growing. They didn't grow but a bit. The weeds blocked the sun. They survived all winter They're a bit banged up but they are growing nicely. Will these be edible or should I just pull them out.
Diesel.

I usually end up using them as green onions. This time of year the bulbs are generally slimey masses. But they usually build a new one over the summer if I lose them again.
Jim