La Nina - Pacific Northwest - advice

I just spent a month in England - left in mid-May. I planted my 'spring' garden' before I left and my neighbour watered and took care of it. On return - I think La Nina had her 'vengence' - tomatoes rotted, corn not up - garden the pits (lawn was great - up to my knees). I'm hoping to hear other stories similair to mine - I live on the Canadian border (West Coast) next to Blaine / White Rock. Did I mess up by not putting up clotches on the tomatoes and waiting for the corn (I just replanted the corn - three weeks too late).I was looking at the weather on the internet when I wa in England and it seemed OK over here - neighbour said it 'wasn't all that bad'.

ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated. I go back to work in a week and want to get out and try to save the garden before then. Should I be replacing my tomatoes / peppers.... any different fertilizers given and any suggestions on alternative vegetables I should be planting now instead of the 'regulars'?

Again - ANY advice will be followed. I've lived here now for 30 years and have gone through the annual cycles but last year and this year have thrown me. I can be reached through this newsgroup and my email address is snipped-for-privacy@canada.com

Brussel Sprouts, peppers, tomatoes, annual flowers are all waiting in my 'mini-greenhouse' -

Thanks for any help.

Gratefully yours, Mark Thompson

Reply to
Mark