Keyhole Gardens

I liked everything about the video, except for the colonizers accent in the narration.

Reply to
Billy

I noticed the same. Yet it is impressive the things that are being done in the "third world", things that the rest of us should be adopting and learning and practicing, for the obvious reasons. Treading softly upon the Earth is not that difficult with some attitudinal adjustments.

Here is a great site that I have posted before that bears mentioning again.

a bit of the same note....the neighbors had a garage sale today and I wandered over, more to chat with John and Carolyn than anything, and found they had a two bikes for sale, remnants of their now grown children. I picked up two lower-end Trek bikes and two extra wheels, front and rear, with new tires, for a hunnert bucks for both, one of the bikes has been refitted with aftermarket front shock fork and rear shock assembly.

Weekly, I check the local metals recycler, which is just a dump site for anything mostly metal, and which is also on my rounds of places to be scavenged (Robbie hasn't ever complained) and have picked up quite the assortment of bike parts. Revival of one of my old obsessions and kind of irritating to Lovey, when I don't keep things out of sight.

My Irish window guy Mick has given me access to old windows and I intend to stcok up on them to make teepee style row covers to extend the seasons...rigid row covers.

Funny thing ain't it, how easy it is to shift over into a third world state of mind and how this so easily meshes with gardening in an organic manner.

Charlie

"We have forgotten how to be good guests, how to walk lightly on the earth as its other creatures do." - Barbara Ward

Reply to
Charlie