Kale mold or mildew

As the sun is getting lower in the sky with each fall day, our kale is developing a milky-white mold or mildew on its leaves. Otherwise it looks pretty healthy. Can anyone recommend a non-toxic method for putting off the inevitable as long as possible?

Googling I found a reference to spraying with a dilute milk solution. Didn't work for me.

TIA!

[Pacific NW garden]
Reply to
Frank Miles