Japanese Beetles...how much longer!?

Anyone know how much longer I can expect these little pukes to be buzzing around, eating my basil?
Northwestern Illinois, Zone 5.
I don't know how much longer, but I've about had it up to here with them.
They are leaving my basil alone, but everyday I am picking them off the roses and strawberries!

They've never touched my apple trees before, but this year they decimated them before I even knew what hit me!