Its getting pretty cold..Cabbage Question

Hi: I live on the edge oof 5-6...St Louis area. I've got my brussel sprouts inside a little hoop house plastic wrap deal and Its about 32 F right now. I've got 12 cabbages..6 market prize and 6 red and they seem to like the cold. It got down to 18 2 weeks ago and they seem fine. How much cold before they will start to complain??? Thanks.. Joe MC
so far so good. My collards have taken 11F after which I covered them (3 days ago). A freeze makes them better. If you think it might get below 10 and windy, you might pull them with some roots and plant them in moist sand in an unheated basement. Once the cold weather comes, they remain of good eating quality for a long time.
Farmer Joe wrote:

If it has been down to 18, it's about time to bring in that cabbage. Much colder than that and the outer leaves will start to show damage and may have to be removed so they don't rot. Cabbage tends to keep longer if the outer wrapper leaves are in good condition. The brussel sprouts can stay out a while longer.
Steve