Italian herb garden

I'm looking to put together a list of herbs for my Italian garden. I have oregano and basil but that's about it.Anybody got a list of Italian herbs? Thanks Jim

Reply to
jim

hot_chika

Just *one* kind of oregano or basil?

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Well, speaking as a chef, you'd also probably want flat leaf parsley, thyme (various varieties), maybe some fennel and garlic ... lots of garlic.

-- dave

Reply to
dave

"jim" asked:

Green peppers, chives, onion and tomato?

There's some seed as well. Someone else might be able to call some seed varieties. All that's sticking in my mind is mustard seed at the moment, but there's some others that are thrown on breads and such.

-- Jim Carlock Post replies to the newsgroup, thanks.

Reply to
Jim Carlock

rosemary italian parsley (duh) fennel marjoram thyme sage garlic

Basically for a mediterranean climate are it.

Reply to
Charles Quinn

Thanks All I have been making my own pizza dough from scratch lately and want to try and make the sauce ( not ready to make my own cheese yet!)

Reply to
jim