Is this watermelon ready to pick (picture included)? newbie here

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x108/Bouje22/watermelon.jpg
Is this watermelon ready to pick? Planted this from seed around easter in the middle of south carolina. The thing that's confusing me is that the underbelly is already yellow (which i've read means it could be ripe), but I thought these were supposed to grow for longer. This is my first time growing watermelon. Thanks.
Zarlot531 said:

That's another sign of ripeness.
Also, if you drag your fingers across the surface of the watermelon, you should be able to make out a subtle pattern of veins or stringiness running from the stem to blossom end. (This is something I always check for on watermelons I buy at the market.)
Size and time to harvest vary a lot, depending on the exact variety of watermelon in question, not to mention growing conditions.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

In article

We use sound. Tape melon and compare to below sound.
Tape head = Not Ripe Tape chest = Ripe Tape stomach = Over Ripe
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

Mistake should be Tap.