Is this plum like fruit edible or poisonous?

Hi, I found some trees loaded with fruit but am not sure if they are edible. They look like small plums and I tasted one and it tasted like a plum but I don't want to end up in casualty so thought I had better check it out.

I hope someone can help - thanks :-)

Cathyd

Looks like a plum to me too.

Reply to
Farm1

Is there no nursery near you to which you could inquire? In France the pharmacy (pharmacie) can identify poisonous plants. Might it be the same in the U.K.?

My brief search on poisonous plums indicated that the pits (stones), and leaves may be poisonous, but not the fruit.

Reply to
Billy