Is my BT good?

Here I am in the middle of a Tent Caterpillar infestation and am feeling frugal. My question is rather BT (Bacillum Thurengus SP?) will hold over a year or so. I guess I will find out because I sprayed the critters with the old spray, but if enough of you reply that BT goes dead in a year I will go out and buy fresh BT spray. Thanks, Ken.

feeling
year or

old
go out

I blast the nests with a propane torch,
Ray
I know I have used the same container of BT for 3 or 4 years and it still seemed to be completely effective against cabbage worms. I use the dry wetible powder form. I have the feeling you might be using the liquid.
Steve
Kenneth D. Schillinger wrote:

Liquids it is... Ken.

or
out
<Ken wrote> Liquids it is... Ken.

I have used the Safer brand liquid and found it to be good for several years, but I have also had a Bonide brand liquid that never even worked the first year I bought it. It had the appearance of being curdled and smelled putrid. I think it had been frozen. Will that ruin it? The Safer stuff had a sweet smell and a much smoother appearance.
Lightnin Dave
On Mon, 3 May 2004 16:39:39 -0500, "Lightnin Dave"

They're living beasties.. I'd imagine freezing wouldn't do it much good as storage at high temperatures wouldn't.. anything curdled and stinking.. I'd say is dead. Janice
I asked if BT would be good after a year or so and received several replies. Thanks to those of you whom replied. For your information I am happy to say that all of the tent cats I sprayed are dead. I guess that BT will last for a while after it has been opened. Ken..