Is cat poo harmful to vegatable/human health?

Charlie expounded:

really nice reference!

Reply to
Ann

Ok, I just ordered the books on Amazon, "Omnivore's Dilemma" and "Animal, vegetable ..." two books that have been referred often here. I am going to put away my "Tensor Calculus" and "Vernor Vinge" books away for summer reading instead of spring.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

I will put that Microbes book in my wish list also.

The second book just makes it over $25 for free shipping. Books are a curse in my life. Its like drugs in other people. For the last 30 years of my life I have spent an average of $1,000 per year on books, I have a nice little library covering many topics. I would rather read a good book than to travel all over the world. Tensor Calculus is conceptual, "Rainbows End" by Vernor Vinge in my world is very sensual :)

I like gardening, it is a comfort. I have a strong interest in the sciences, math and physics are strong points. Biology and chemistry are great weakness that needs to be improved. I know, I need to get a life :)

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

Don't understand where you're going with the question, or why it was posed to me.

Are you responding to the OP or myself in regards to the immediate above sentence? Am working on a movable chicken coop on skids, a 2 section chicken yard. One section in fallow, the other holding the chickens, section rotated every

2 years. Yet another section for providing feed for the chickens, where they can browse after harvest as well.
Reply to
Dioclese

If the motion sensor doesn't work it's time for a Have-A-Heart trap or a 22.

Reply to
J. & J. Doe

You can also get intestinal worms from cats.

Reply to
J. & J. Doe

One can also consider ;

Multiple sources of Escherichia coli O157 in feedlots and dairy farms in the Northwestern USA Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Volume 35, Issue 1, 16 April 1998, Pages 11-19 Dale D. Hancock, Thomas E. Besser, Daniel H. Rice, Eric D. Ebel, Donald E. Herriott and Linda V. Carpenter

Samples from cattle, other domestic and wild animals, flies, feeds, and water-troughs were collected from 12 cattle farms and tested for Escherichia coli O157.

E. coli O157 was isolated from bovine fecal samples on all 12 farms with a within herd prevalence ranging from 1.1% to 6.1%. E. coli O157 was also found in 1 of 90 (1.1%) equine fecal samples, 2 of 65 (3.1%) canine fecal samples, 1 of 200 pooled bird samples (0.5%), 2 of 60 pooled fly samples (3.3%), and 10 of 320 (3.1%) water-trough sample sets (biofilm and water).

No E. coli O157 were isolated from 300 rodents, 33 cats, 34 assorted wildlife, or 335 cattle feed samples. Indistinguishable pulsed-field gel electrophoresis patterns of XbaI digested chromosomal DNA and Shiga toxin types were observed for bovine and water-trough isolates from two farms and for one equine and two bovine isolates from one farm.

regardez

Reply to
HW-K