Ironite Questions?

I have no idea what you're talking about. I posted the prices of organic products from the Co-Op store. What chemical swill are you talking about? The Organic oils and Soaps? Pyrethrum? All those expensive products I tried that didn't work?

In your fanatical dreams. Balanced gardens occur in Nature, not in a bean patch or tomato patch. Pests will be attracted to any plant they use as food or for reproduction, be that plant healthy or sickly. You need to do some studying on crop pests. A sickly plant will succumb faster than a healthy one. That's the only difference.
A garden that is out of balance (probably

And useless Organic pesticides that don't work. Agreed, that's why these gardens were not sprayed with chemicals untill everything else had been tried.

LOL!!!! Those products are cheap? Now I know you're dreaming or have stock in one of the Co's that produce this stuff! A measly 4 lb bag of Kelp Meal was $17.99, say $18.00 or almost $130 to do my gardens. And that's just for the Kelp Meal........ you must live in lala land or are very wealthy.

You use the products incorrectly and you insist on buying the most expensive (organically certified). I buy kelp at a feed mill for under $1 a pound. I garden 3 times the space you do and my annual sack cost is under $100. What is it that I'm doing wrong?
"Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote in message wrote

You can stop the justifications. This was the only Kelp Meal to be found and I must have made 20 phone calls. Are you going to tell me I can buy, and pay shipping besides, for less than that? There's nothing on the bag that says it's certified by any org. It's Espoma brand. Already you're accusing us of using it incorrectly and the bag hasn't even been opened yet! LOL!!! Funnier yet,... you're accusing the co that makes it of giving the buyer the WRONG advice. Yoo Hoooo... try reading the bag.
I buy kelp at a feed mill for under $1 a pound. I

So you think I have access to your feed mill? There are no feed mills, as such, where I live. The last feed mill now supplies the yuppies in the new subdivisions with fertilizers and weed killers, lawn mowers and flea spray for their dogs. Why are you assuming everyone has access to what YOU have?

Marie Dodge wrote:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Kelp meal? WTF?

And here I thought you were looking for greensand :( When did this idea of kelp jump up? The counter boy said it was good?

Who said anything about shipping? I thought one of Eric's employees might deliver it. Did you talk with him in your 20 calls? How about Dickenson's?

The only thing I've accused you of is wanting to spend too much money, then whine and cry about your bad decisions like it's our fault.

I usually gather technical information from less biased sources

100 feet out your front door, or a 30 mile radius? I'd prolly prove you wrong but I've stopped wasting my time doing your research. Have you called Eric yet? or Dickenson's?

Why are you such a fricken ass whiner / crybaby?

Isn't the Dodger a trip? She just blows with the wind. She'll drive 30 miles to buy what the counter boy suggests, she overspends, comes up short and can't otherwise afford to step foot out the door. And it's all the yuppies fault mind you. No, no, methinks it's too many years ingesting the 'mine tailings' she calls gardening :(
Steve Young
Jangchub said:

Googling the posting history...scanning the group list...the number of postings...
Yeah.

After enlightenment, the laundry.

To answer part of your question...
It's legal to sell it because .gov isn't up to date, isn't there to protect your interests unless you force the issue, is always there to protect business interests because business responds to every threat with the best financed whiners and/or lawyers and/or disinformation campaigns etc. etc. etc.
And you seem to be trying to convince yourself, that taking some poison with your convenient solution is acceptable.
It's pretty clear that you are trying to justify using Ironite and any information that doesn't supply you with the same convenience isn't going to seem practical to you.
And if your garden is as big as you say it is, how many people are eating the produce?
That too should weigh in because kids absorb lead far more than adults.

The number one cause of childrens overdose ending in in death is 'merica.

No child here has died from eating Ironite. They get the lead from old paint and some toys from overseas.

Main cause is Iron from vitamins. So keep those vitamins that look like Fred Flintstone and Iron pills in a secure place.
<http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec21/ch326/ch326i.html
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Since when is LEAD poisoning and IRON poisoning the same thing? Where's the connection? You're confusing the two elements.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 03:24:42 -0500, "Marie Dodge"

I didn't say Ironite. I said iron. Children overdose on chewable vitamins and the reason is liver failure from an overdose of iron. You failed to quote me correctly.

But the subject is/was Ironite and the lead it contains. Who the hell would feed their child Ironite?

http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id 0# Ironite Story Reprinted with permission of The Dallas Morning News 03/30/98 THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS <snip> Of particular concern to scientists studying toxic materials is their effect on children. In the case of lead, for example, Dr. Weis said a child's rapidly developing body mistakes the toxic metal for calcium.
Because the body needs calcium for growth, he said, a child's body "grabs" and keeps nearly all the lead the child ingests. "Children are basically little lead sponges," Dr. Weis said. <snip> Of particular concern to scientists studying toxic materials is their effect on children. In the case of lead, for example, Dr. Weis said a child's rapidly developing body mistakes the toxic metal for calcium.
Because the body needs calcium for growth, he said, a child's body "grabs" and keeps nearly all the lead the child ingests. "Children are basically little lead sponges," Dr. Weis said. David Shields, a geologist with a Dallas engineering firm who has worked on lead cleanup projects, said the key question for consumers is not which forms of lead or arsenic are the most or least toxic. The EPA does not make that distinction when it plans residential cleanups, he noted.
Instead, Mr. Shields said, the important question is whether consumers can make an informed choice. "I'm not telling anyone they shouldn't use any particular product," Mr. Shields said. "But lead is lead is lead." ------
It's a shame that you don't understand the consequences of your actions or that it's not just your environment that you are degrading.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

What has that 10 yr. old article got to do with Ironite? It's not even mentioned.

For those of you who understand English, I recommend http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id 0#
njaes.rutgers.edu/pubs/soilprofile/sp-v16.pdf
http://www.epa.gov/nrmrl/lrpcd/wm/projects/135367.htm
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

It is outdated information and this is a dead horse you guys are beating.
This mine waste product everyone continues to disparge hasn't been around since 2006 when the brand was sold and the ingredients changed. There is nothing harmful in Ironite products today.
As for the greensand, kelp and fish ferts as organic or alternatives? I'm betting no anyone here has actually compared the arsenic and lead levels in these various alternative products to the levels in the Ironite products presently on the market today. If so, please show the reference with date. If referencing a lawsuit, please show the actual outcome, not the news release.
Gunner

Two years out of date? Get Real. What do yo want the last six days?
Bill
...... Read it and weep.
This from a bush EPA. Yikes.
Release of Heavy Metals from Ironite Ironite is a common fertilizer made from mine tailings available at any lawn and garden store. The presence of heavy metals in Ironite has resulted in its banning in Canada and lawsuits in the United States due to the potential release of heavy metals, most notably arsenic and lead. Bioavailable arsenic released from Ironite is dependent on its mineralogical form. Previous work sponsored by the producer of Ironite identified the arsenic bearing phase as arsenopyrite with the conclusion that arsenic in that form does not pose an ecological threat. However, a closer look with EXAFS has identified the arsenic phase within Ironite as scorodite-like. Scorodite is more soluble than arsenopyrite, in fact, the dissolved arsenic released from scorodite can exceed the US drinking water standard. In addition to the data collected at Argonne National Labs in February 2005 that identified arsenate sorbed to iron oxides as the dominant arsenic bearing phase, secondary identification techniques are currently being used to confirm this finding such as thermogravimetric analysis and Mssbauer spectroscopy. Contacts: Kirk Scheckel, 513/487-2865 Aaron Williams, 513/487-2878 Christopher Impelliteri, 513/487-2872 Thabet Tolaymat, 513/487-2860 James Ryan, 513/569-7653 (EIMS#135367)
Mine waste Good radioactive waste better. Spoken goatlike. Sheesh...
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

<snip>
Citation please.

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

<snip>

Don't be an Arsch. Can you confirm your statement or not?
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars