Intercropping and Rotation Questions didn't know growing Tomatoes was so hard

I have about 800 sq. ft. to grow a garden in. I am going to use a tiller to till it, if it matters. I plan on dividing the garden up into four smaller square areas.
In each area, I want to plant the appropriate intercropping plants and then rotate yearly.
What plants should I intercrop together? I have seen rotation schedules, but what to plant together I can't find for a small garden like this. I have looked, sorry couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, sorry.
Or, is this area just too small to worry about it?
Thanks.
Thus far, I plan on planting tomatoes, bell peppers (different colors), hot peppers, yellow crook-neck squash, and cucumbers; maybe, carrots and beets.
Thanks again.

Given that you don't mention potatoes, I would divide this area into three areas and rotate crops as follows. Area 1 - root crops ie beets, carrots,parsnips etc. Area 2 - legumes ie beans peas and any aubergines onions cucumbers tomatoes etc. -this area can have as much well rotted manure as you like. Dig a trench, fill it with manure, put the soil back on top and you have a hot bed these crops will love you for. Area 3 - Brassicas - cabbages sprouts turnips radishes, broccoli etc. Enjoy.
Steve
http://mysite.freeserve.com/steveandmaggiesplot
Make it four areas, and in the fourth plant asparagus. Trust me on this one. In a few years you will be very happy you took the time and trouble. Assuming, of course, you like asparagus. It's astonishing to me how much better fresh asparagus from the garden tastes compared to what you can buy.
Cheers, Sue
--
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMearthlink.net
Zone 6, South-central PA