(indian) summer gazpacho

I don't know about you all, but my tomatoes and peppers are still hanging in there which ain't bad seeing I'm in Maine. Add a cucumber, garlic, and a bit of this and that and gazpacho here we come. Check out the new page at Kitchen Gardeners International for a real Andalusian version of the world's favorite cold soup. http://www.kitchengardeners.org/gazpacho.html
On 12 Oct 2003 11:00:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@belgacom.net (rdoiron) wrote:

Mine aren't (north central PA). We've had several very heavy frosts (26 F, for example) - the first one was October 2.
No more tomatoes, no more peppers, no more eggplants, no more cucumbers, no more squash, no more green beans. Phooey!
Chard, kale, lettuce and Chinese cabbage will continue. I just transplanted raddichio today, also winter lettuce, also more chard.
Pat
--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.