Inactivity

I can't believe this group is this inactive this time of the year. Hey everybody--- WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!
Jack Allen wrote:

It's a little early for me. The ground is still quite frozen and mostly covered with snow. Odds are we have at least a month before we see the end of snow for the season. I don't even plan to start my tomato seeds until I get back from a trip the first week of April. (Yet, here I am reading what others write) :-)
Steve (in the Adirondacks)

Planted sweet corn, squash, muskmelons, green onions and tomato & marigold transplants over a month ago. tomatoes in bloom since about 2 weeks ago. Plan to set out pepper plants and eggplant today.
Squash is blooming - bees all over it.
Citrus trees are blooming - very aromatic.
Used to have about 2 dozen goldfinches at our two thistle feeders but we are now down to 6 regulars. Others probably migrated to cooler climes.
Birds are nesting.
Deciduous trees are leafing out.
Lots happening here.
Olin, UDSA Zone 9b.

Snowed here all day...

Brigitte wrote:

6-10" of that white crap projected here for tonight. :-(
--
Steve

On 3/22/05 6:27 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, "Jack

Jack What is it that you would like to talk about/discuss? Start a thread and many of us will contribute. Gary
Okay,
Below is my original post.
This year I'd like to again try planting scallions from seed. The last time I put some medium in a tray, then the seed and then more medium. This is okay until it comes time to sow the little plants. Can someone recommend a good system of planting. I have medical problems that make it difficult for me to bend over for any length of time. I would appreciate any and all answers.

It's not quite spring in a LOT of the US just yet!
First part of April, maybe....... :-)
It's been more active this week than it's been all winter! So what do you want to talk about? I've been eating a LOT of home grown chard lately.
I need to take pics. <G>
--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the

So where are you located and what are you doing right now? Maybe everyone is busy getting the garden area ready to plant and does not have time to post.
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation,
I just planted about 180 feet of peas. I'm starting to get the greenhouse cleaned up so I can start some seeds.

I *am* awake, I'm just busy planting seeds and turning soil and watching every degee that the themometer changes.
The weather might warm up any second, now!
Penelope
Hi All, I have had to change my access provider because they no longer support news groups due to it being un economic to do so. all so I believe A. O. L. have unplugged their news severs, so I am lead to belive that news groups will eventually die. any one care to comment on the situation.
Richard M. Watkin.

Jack Allen wrote:

Got the ground broke. Ready to start. Now it's raining and 39 degrees. Kind of kills the spirit.
I got the other half of the garden tilled this weekend. Planted cilantro and spinach for a cover crop. Just in time for the rain yesterday. Feb planted stuff is coming up.
Transplanted habs last night to bigger pots.
Not edible but on the dogs walk just now, the Tillium and Bloodroot are blooming. It really IS spring!
John!